• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

triming rear fenders

perez

NAXJA Forum User
iv trimmed mine in the rear up to the spot welds. one one side i trimmed about a inch past the spot welds and pushed the wheele well up and welded it in. only one one side. im wondering if anyone else had antoher way of doing it. pics would be great. thanks

Another way is not to trim past the pinch welds.:D I have never trimmed past them, even with 35's under 5" of lift. But, since you already did one side, you might clamp it together before you cut past the pinch welds so you don't have to fight as much with the sheet metal. Sorry if that isn't much help. I have never had to reweld anything in that area before, even when I had 37's on my RE 5.5" kit. Some people do the slice and fold method, which may be along the lines you are looking for. Go into the "Features" section of www.jeepin.com and find the BushWacker install article to see how to slice and fold if you are not familiar.

Back