• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford Springs=XJ lift?

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Somebody was telling me that if I run Ford coils& leafs that it will give my XJ about 4 inches of lift, is this true? If so what models do I need the coils & leafs from? I'm only asking because there is a bunch of old Ford trucks in the junkyard.

I heard that to but I also heard it gives you a super stiff ride because your supposed to use F150 coils and leafs from a TTB truck. The problem is the Ford is 1 ton or 3/4 ton and a Cherokee is like 1/4 ton.

Been doing alot of searching and read the write-up on the S10 leaf-pack mod that should give you about 4" of lift so with srpings alone from an F150 can I match that? Or would I need coils from a different beast?

I think I'm going to go with the S10 leaf pack and I can get some Ford F150 2" lift coils so this setup should give me about 4" of lift all arround, right? For 4" everything else I'm going to need will be a set of control arms, brake lines and a t-case drop or SYE, right?

I took my F-150's out after a drive around the block and went to Ford T-Bird springs (V-6) with an adapter plate I had made. The Ford springs were way to stiff for me and they dont compress much under the paltry weight of the XJ so you get LESS FLEX than stock (unless you let them fall out of the pocket in which case you have no weight and no traction on the unladen wheel). You also need to run spacers to get the lift advertised. Look up my TBird spring thread to see a photo of the XJ, F-150 and several T-Bird springs side by side.

Go with cheap ZJ or XJ coils or V-6 T Birds (cheaper yet) to get 4-5 inches of lift. Your spine and chassis will thank you (it will wheel better too).

John

Back