• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starter switch??

im installing an starter switch in my cab, and i was wondering what everyone out there has done, and if there are any write ups?

how did u guys wire it? red to dark green to start with the key in run? any switch that you used?? and how much ampreage is goin through the starter relay during starting?

thanks

Since you're using the switch to actuate a relay, I'd expect that current through the switch would be on the order of 100-150mA. I could check to get a firmer number, but it would be specs for the Bosch relay I'm using, and not OEMR.

I wired it through an OEM "momentary" switch, which I installed in a blank location in the IP (the other one is filled with an override switch for the electric fan.)

Pretty much any momentary switch will work - you'll want it to release when you let go of the switch. You can use a pushbutton, a rocker, or a toggle - as long as it's spec'd as "momentary ON" (meaning it stays on as long as your finger is on the switch.)

I've disconnected the start wiring from the ignition switch, and patched it over to the rocker. It was originally done to bypass the start circuit in the OEMR ignition switch (which didn't work then, but the switch has since been replaced,) but I've grown to like it and I kept it...

5-90

Back