• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

breaking axles

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
a friend of mine (not a friend who "thinks" he can. he is almost master mech and really knows his shit. but he's also a chevy only guy) who is only into "clean, show and shine, well kept" trucks and cars is helping me setup my ring and pinion. he totally doesn't understand why i want to take my jeeps offroad and scratch the paint off of them. well in the process of building the axles we got into an argument over getting better axleshafts (upgrading from factory 27 spline to alloy USA 30 spline). whenever i replace something, i try to go at least a little stronger than factory. well he thinks i'm stupid and says that there is no way in hell that a 4.0L jeep could ever put enough force on a dana44 to break axles.

here are my specs, and then i was wondering if you could list your specs and post pictures of your broken axles with somewhat similar specs so i can proof him wrong.

97TJ, 4.0L, AX15, dana30 front(stock), dana44 rear(stock), detroit truetrac, 33's.
95XJ, 4.0L, AW4, dana30 front(stock), chrysler 8.25 rear(stock), 31's.

hes retarded

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73028&highlight=superior

from that thread

I have broken 2 front shafts in my Dana 44. I have a stroker and a 5 speed but am only running 33s. Havent bothered taking the front appart yet to fix it. It was cold and windy and I didnt want to mess with it.

AARON

Back