• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab in October Attention socal chapter members going

GRNT

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
As many of you know, I will be coordinating the dinner on Friday nite at the Fall Fling in Moab. I plan on cooking my standard menu of Carne Asada, But there will also be chili and other items to make for a great dinner.

I accepted this task last year at the event with the understanding that there would be other So Cal folks that would help.

My plans are to break it up into groups so that no one person or group of people will be responsible for the whole evening, exception being myself.

I plan to wait until everyone is there to get the volunteers that will help.

My plans are to have a set up crew, and cooking crew and a cleanup crew.

We will be at the Senior Center this year so the task should be an easy one.

If you are going and you are a member of the So Cal Naxja group, then please plan on helping to make this a great dinner for the 150 plus individuals that will participate. Lets show them how So Cal can put on a quality dinner.
Thanks in advance.
Mil

Mil... I Should be there and I can also arrange for a hunter's stew (some really good eatin and recipe dates back to the middle ages or so :D). Let me know :D

Remi

unless work shafts me; i'm planning on being there. i'll turn a spoon or such. helen should be with me and willing toend a hand as well...

so howz this whole thing work? how is the menu choosen and the ingrediants obtained? what if kejtar's stew calls for peacock or pheasant? :D

bburge
4footed

well... the stew is called hunters stew for a reason :D what you hunt is what you put in :D I'll have to work out the details with our master chef (Mil) as I'd bring it up frozen (it's the kind of thing that you can prepare a year in advance and throw it up in the freezer and nuke as needed or fry on the pan as needed and it's as good as though it was just made :D

As stated in my first post. The main entree will be carne asada and chili. there will be other items to accompany the entrees such as cheeses, refried beans, onions, cilantro and salsa, chips and salad. There will also be a desert. I will be planning the menu and I will be furnishing all the foods and untensils etc. All I will need are commitments from folks to help with the 3 major items of work.

Set up
Cooking
Clean up

Thanks for your enthusiasm in this.
Kejtar, I think it would be ok if you wanted to do your hunters stew on another evening at Moab or maybe at a so cal outting some time.
I do apprciated your ideas.
Mil

Ok, you might be right as I was starting to get worried about logistics of transporting that stew up to Moab :D (it's a couple day process to get it done right) and I even went as far as looked into a BIIIIIG freezer that I could throw into the trailer :D ok... I'll have that for the first official SoCal event then (whenever and however that happens LOL)

In any case, I'm still game for helping out :D Set up, Cooking and even a bit of a cleanup :D

Remi aka Kejtar

I will as always be glad to help where needed. Please everyone else who is attending help give us a hand where needed as Mil feels necessary.

Mil,

I'll help as you see fit. My only problem is being there. This year has not been good for me making overnight trail runs.

If I'm there put me to work.

Ray

I won't be able to make this one. It's too close to elk hunting season in Colorado. I just don't have the heart to break a 20+ year tradition with my dad. We've been going since I was like 9 years old.

Dan

I hope to be going.....anyway i'll pitch in whatever I can just let me know what you need.
Wabbit

Tables

I saw a post somewhere about tabes being needed and I have 3-4 fold up tables that can be taken to Moab if needed. Not in the best condition on top, stained from silk-creening, but stable and safe.
I am not sure I will be able to make it so if someone wants to make arrangements to haul them out there you all are more than welcome to them. Located in Oxnard, but can meet somewhere.

Joe

GRNT said:
My plans are to have a set up crew, and cooking crew and a cleanup crew.

Michaelle volunteers to be on the set up crew and since I love to cook, I volunteer to help out on the cooking crew. Mil... would it be helpful if I brought along my set of Henkles knives and a big cutting board? Or will we have everything we need already there?

Re: Re: Moab in October Attention socal chapter members going

Andy Steiner said:
Mil... would it be helpful if I brought along my set of Henkles knives and a big cutting board?

Good thought! Do we need any cooking utensils? Should I bring "Excaliber"? (My giant cooking knife...) Or something a little smaller? You can have too many tongs, as well...

bburge

I'm In

It is now confirmed, I get to go play in Moab. I will be arriving on the 9th. and departing Moab on the 11th. Best I could do. I will bring the tables I mentioned earlier if still needed?
Also, will be camping at Slickrock, for what it is worth.

Back