• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slow filling of fuel tank

craigf

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know of a modification one can do to speed up the filling of my petrol tank. The last 10 or so liters takes about 5 minutes. I've never actually filled the tank up proper because it just takes so long. Any ideas?

yes the vent tube inside the tank needs to be bent up or you can add another piece of tube that points upward. If you take your tank down and pull out the pump you can look in there and see what I mean. Kinda hard to explain with no pics. You will see the larger tube(inlet) and smaller one(vent). When the fuel reaches the tubes level the vent fills with fuel and doesnt let the air escape as fast. There is about a 3-4" gap between the tubes and the top of the tank. You have to either bend (which is a PITA) or add a tube that is bent up towards the top of the tank so the rest of the air in the tank can escape. I added a bent tube to mine which I used JB weld to seal it up. Good luck Jeff

But thats why you have to shake it, because you have to get the fuel out of the vent line or the fill tube so the air can come out so more fuel can come in. Jeff

just don't put the gas nozzel in so far. it might sound stupid but I have the same problem if I push the nozzel all the way in.

I dont know what condition your tank is in but mine was dented so badly that fuel would only trickle into it.

Back