• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 xj: keep or sell?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
just looking for opinions/ideas what members would do if this were their xj. It's a 92 2 door 5 speed 4.0L 173,000 miles. the paint is fading/chipping off and there is some rust on the driver's side under the door. the engine smokes some,has serious blow by and goes through a quart of oil about every 2-300 miles depending on how many miles are highway miles. 4 wheel drive works fine and the tranny shifts fine. then engine still seems to have full power,but like I said before it does smoke and has a slight lower end knock when the engine is cold or warm. oil pressure is still good. around 50psi cold,and 20psi or so when warmed up and idling. I have a 95 4.0L in the garage with supposedly only 55,000 miles I can swap in when I have time,just trying to put it off and decide if I am going to sell the jeep or not before I do the swap. I do like driving the jeep,just wondering if it is worth the trouble of keeping it? thanks for your ideas/opinions.........Ben

what I would do is part out some of the more valuable pieces then sell the rest that didnt sell to a bone yard. Some parts you can get a good amount of money for. a JY will pay little but it combined with the parting out of some pieces will make you more money than selling it outright. Just dont be lazy!

Back