• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end mystery sound

jeepster3482

NAXJA Forum User
i was pulling out of my driveway today and noticed that there is a clicking comming from the front end. sounds almost like the driveshaft is loose i checked and nothing looks wrong, it only makes the noise at low speeds 5-10MPH anything more and it seems to go away. does anyone know what this could be ?

Without knowing anything about your vehicle... I would check the U-joints on the front axles and both driveshafts... Check the condition of your brakes and depending upon how old your Jeep is.... I would also check the hub unit bearings by spinning the front tires while off the ground....
There are other possibilities, but these would be the most common.

Charles

check to make surwe the shock bolts are tight top and bottom

I have bad shock bushings making a thumping sound. Most noticable under mild braking...Hard braking seems to take up the slop in the system. I 'll usually get a little thump going around corners, too.

Back