• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange clicking when turning at really low speeds?

dirtdogger17

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys..seems like every week im posting something in this tech forum, but my 95 xj developed a weird clicking noise a week or two ago..i hear it at really low speeds when im making a turn..i checked other threads and found the following possible culprits-->im not rubbing my fenders (31s tucked under a 3" skyjacker)and my brakes are ok too..i know my lifters are making a little noise, but this is a new distinct click so thats ruled out pretty much too..it doesnt really bother me, but im just trying to prevent something expensive..any ideas?

Keep driving until it gets loud at slower speeds. then when folks ride with you they will ask about it and you'll answer that it goes away at higher speeds, and they will say "then drive higher speeds"

Well that is the way it was when my pass side u-joint was getting worse.

Yep I back Rocketman on this, had the same problem with myne while stock, it clicked and I could feel it, felt like axle wind-up sort of like you get from 4 wheel part time with wheels fully turned.
Get them changed out, I drove around for a week or so before I got myne checked out, mechanic said they were close to breaking.

Back