• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SnapOn MM140 welder, TIG attachment?

vetteboy

NAXJA Forum User
I've got the SnapOn MuscleMIG 140A setup and it's been great so far. They make a TIG attachment for it (FLEXTIG25 it's called) and it lets you do DC TIG work with the existing power source. Anyone ever used this?

It appears from the picture that it's not pedal or fingertip control, which would be really annoying to me....can't find any specs though. Probably doesn't have HF start either...

28301.JPG

vetteboy said:
I've got the SnapOn MuscleMIG 140A setup and it's been great so far. They make a TIG attachment for it (FLEXTIG25 it's called) and it lets you do DC TIG work with the existing power source. Anyone ever used this?

It appears from the picture that it's not pedal or fingertip control, which would be really annoying to me....can't find any specs though. Probably doesn't have HF start either...

28301.JPG

i don't own the snap-on unit, but i did some welds with one at an expo once and the torch lookedjust like that and there was a foot pedal...but i think they have one with a fingerpedal also...not sure....snap-on makes some wonderful machines though thats for sure...

-James

cj8rckcrlr said:
....snap-on makes some wonderful machines though thats for sure...

Righhhhht.... I dont think snap-on actually makes there machines....

That whole Tig setup seems a little wierd to me... A Mig welder uses a constant voltage power supply, and a Tig torch requires a constant current power supply, therefore you shouldn't be able to properly tig weld off a Mig welder. That whole setup looks no different then an air cooled tig torch, with a sheild gas valve, a 2 piece cable, and a finger amapatrol. I bet you could buy the same thing from miller or ck-world wide for a fraction of the price you would from snap-on. You could also probably buy a foot pedal rather then the finger control if you wanted.

Back