• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suitable 68mm TBs?

Aren't those terms synonymous?

As a corollary, does this mean Honda made the first factory ricer truck, that Avalanche copy? What's it called, Honda Ridgeline?

The serious 600hp acura motor's maybe...also good for the posers :D

The throttle position indicator is the toughest part, I think somebody makes one for the jeep, but naturally it'll be more expensive, haha. I thought I saw something in JP in their stroker article about maybe stepping up from the 62mm they have now to a 65 or 68 later. They pussed out on the cam tho...

I wish somebody made headers with 1 5/8 or 1 3/4 primaries for the strokers.
A larger 3 or 3 1/2 inch exhaust would be nice too. The dinky 4.6 mushtangs are running dual 2 1/2 pipes where we only get one. We need a new company called Jeep Stroker Specialties, lol.

For the cylinder displacement it is like working with a 370 ci V-8 where the 242 would be a 320 or so.

I was wondering about getting some custom-bent headers, but Old Man (who seems to be wise...I wonder why his handle is Old Man? I thought old men were just fat and senile :) ) was saying in my other thread how thrilled he's been with his stroker. I was searching a few days ago thinking about using the Clifford duals, and I found a thread where Old Man says he has only a single outlet Clifford, so I'll probably just get a good header and call it a day. Custom costs too f'ing much.

snow drifter said:
Uh, yeah, Honda's are imports from Japan. People from Japan eat rice! Who f##king cares.

Actually, you could call them something more related to hillbillies or rednecks (gritmobiles maybe?)than Japanese, most of them are made in Kentuckey I think. Being something of a redneck myself, it is ok for me to say that.

The older toyota trucks with the 22r were pretty indestructable. My 2wd made it 230k before it needed the head gasket done, would still likely be going if I hadn't got an old wagon with a slant six and lost interest in it for 2 years.

krakhedd said:
I was wondering about getting some custom-bent headers, but Old Man (who seems to be wise...I wonder why his handle is Old Man? I thought old men were just fat and senile :) ) was saying in my other thread how thrilled he's been with his stroker. I was searching a few days ago thinking about using the Clifford duals, and I found a thread where Old Man says he has only a single outlet Clifford, so I'll probably just get a good header and call it a day. Custom costs too f'ing much.

Doug Thorley would probably build one, but yes very pricey. While we are wishing a step header from 1 5/8 up to 1 3/4. I will most likely go with the Borla that only claims to fit up to 97 because it has the headpipe that isn't mushed down to 1 inch to clear the front yoke on a stocker.

I slapped my 6-year-old nephew on the back of his neck a few weeks ago, no harder than to get his attention. A moment later, I was intending to give him a GOOD smack, so I asked if he knew what a redneck was. He looked up with a wry grin, and said, "Slap!". I think I taught the kid that joke when he was 3, I really don't think he was older than that.

This kid is going to help/watch me build this motor whenever I have the time to pick him up and drop him off. He already loves Jeeps :) And begs to go offroading with me. And wants to build trucks with me.

Last edited:
Randy_66 said:
Doug Thorley would probably build one, but yes very pricey. While we are wishing a step header from 1 5/8 up to 1 3/4. I will most likely go with the Borla that only claims to fit up to 97 because it has the headpipe that isn't mushed down to 1 inch to clear the front yoke on a stocker.

I still don't understand that mush. My 99 had it, my 01 doesn't. Almost everybody and their mother tried telling me I got it hitting a rock, regardless of how symmetrical it was.

Apparently if you drop a stock XJ from high enough it will hit the yoke :D
By 01 they must have figured out if it fell that far you had other issues...

Having it crushed like that bugs the shit out of me.

I was just reading on the Flometrics also....3" inside diameter.....meaning I should be able to get s'more copper tubing from the local plumbing store and make myself a completely solid air intake, removing that stupid rubber accordion hose that I *KNOW* is creating some power-robbing turbulence.

Anybody on the original question though?

krakhedd said:

Don't bother. You'll have the IAC housing and TPS issues to deal with, and there may be more issues that we don't know of.
Hondas use 68mm TB's because they scream up to 8000+rpm. Our Jeep engines rarely see anything above 5000rpm. Keep in mind that a 60mm TB poses no restriction on a 4.0 at 5000rpm so a 65mm TB would be big enough for a 4.6 stroker at the same revs.

I remember reading something regarding being able to use a late 80's early 90's mustang 5.0 68mm throttle body...

IIRC the TPS bolted right up and the bolt pattern matched up...

Try a search for Mustang throttle body

edit: BINGO the Doc did it! I knew I didn't imagine it!

Last edited:
Back