• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans in April?

MRKTUNA

NAXJA Member #1279
Was reading and old thread that planned last years Evans Run. Couple others besides me thought it would be a good idea so I decided to start this thread for this year. Gonna need some help putting this together since I haven't been yet. Let me hear who is interested.

JMotorsprt said:
I will be there if it is on a Sunday.

I think that you have REALLY made your point.....3 months ago :laugh3: :laugh3:

I'm up for it....as long as the work schedule allows.... how hard do you want to make it?

How about make it a WEEKEND trip? Camp over style? Pick a date and I'll probably be in. IF you pick a date far enough in advance, you can be camp host as well if you so desire.

John

I'm with Avanteone. IF i get enough advance I should be able to schedule it. I would rather go for a wekend versus just a day shot.

I agree also. Make it a weekend and people come for the day if they wish. I am all for it!!

Michael

Count me in, hopefully will have rear locker by then.

GI-John said:
I think that you have REALLY made your point.....3 months ago :laugh3: :laugh3:

But people still seem to forget hasta

Still up in the air about an overnighter. This weekend is organize the garage weekend. I need to get some Jeep work done.

well sundays just need lots of adavance notice being laundry day and all.but saturday are always great :rof:

Last edited:
Probably late April for me. Going home to Cali to see my family for kids' Spring Break. As much as camping sounds great, I'm only going to make one day. Can't leave the wife with all the crazy people all weekend long. And you guys would ask us to leave if I brought them all. Sat or Sun works.

MRKTUNA said:
Probably late April for me. Going home to Cali to see my family for kids' Spring Break. As much as camping sounds great, I'm only going to make one day. Can't leave the wife with all the crazy people all weekend long. And you guys would ask us to leave if I brought them all. Sat or Sun works.

Bring the wife and kids. This will give my wife and kids a better reason for coming as well!! The more the merrier!!

I will most likely be there with the wife and kids.

Michael

2xtreme said:
Bring the wife and kids. This will give my wife and kids a better reason for coming as well!! The more the merrier!!

I will most likely be there with the wife and kids.

Michael

That's all well and good, just make sure you guys actaully STAY this time! Last Evans trip, everyone bailed after wheeling, and left me with GI-John overnight! I had a broken foot, so I couldn't run very fast.... ;)

-----Matt-----

I am not commiting to overnight, until dates are set and I can know if I can get it off. The family is a little weary if they want to go camping.

The later the better. I have no time until mid march to get my Rock rails on. I have to get those on before Evans. Not as concerned about Skids. Last class in school, for now.

Jason

JMotorsprt said:
I am not commiting to overnight, until dates are set and I can know if I can get it off. The family is a little weary if they want to go camping.

The later the better. I have no time until mid march to get my Rock rails on. I have to get those on before Evans. Not as concerned about Skids. Last class in school, for now.

Jason
Um... I would highly recommend you make the time for BOTH Skids AND your Rock Rails for Evans, Jason. Even on some of the easier lines I was bangin it up pretty good on both trips. My rails and skids took the brunt of it (you might consider some diff covers too).

Once you get up there there aren't many bypasses (if any). Three of us ended up taking an easier trail out and it proved to be quite a challenge for the Rubicon. Davis was bottoming out along with the rest of us on the way down.

Just my nickle minus three.

Sniggs, what time of year are you talking?

I've run the easier stuff at Evans (311, 311b, 520, etc.) in a STOCK YJ on 235's and open/open in the summer time. By april it won't be bad.

Jason, I'd be happy to help you put your skids on if you need help.

John

lockedstock94 said:
Last Evans trip, everyone bailed after wheeling, and left me with GI-John overnight! I had a broken foot, so I couldn't run very fast.... ;)

-----Matt-----

Yeah, but those were the best 90 seconds of your life. :wierd:

And I got to have as much of your dad's awesome food as I wanted!

Avanteone said:
Sniggs, what time of year are you talking?

I've run the easier stuff at Evans (311, 311b, 520, etc.) in a STOCK YJ on 235's and open/open in the summer time. By april it won't be bad.

Jason, I'd be happy to help you put your skids on if you need help.

John
You were there - October in the Hard Rain. Matt went swimming.

Back