• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question?

MG_43

NAXJA Forum User
One of my windshield wiper arms (for the right side on the linkage under the cowel cover) has come off, do you need to take the motor and arms out to put the arm back on? I pulled the cowel cover off and couldn't figure a way to put the arm on while it was still inside. T he fsm is pretty vague on this.
92 XJ. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
MG_43 said:
One of my windshield wiper arms (for the right side on the linkage under the cowel cover) has come off, do you need to take the motor and arms out to put the arm back on? I pulled the cowel cover off and couldn't figure a way to put the arm on while it was still inside. T he fsm is pretty vague on this.
92 XJ. Thanks in advance.

pop it all out as an assembly and look at the connecting joints which IIRC are like plastic joints. make sure both are in good shape and pop it back together and your good to go.

There is a little clip that slides into the detent on the shaft. Pull the other one up like your trying to change the blade, then pull the little clip back. You'll see what you need to do to get the other one back on.

scoobyxj said:
There is a little clip that slides into the detent on the shaft. Pull the other one up like your trying to change the blade, then pull the little clip back. You'll see what you need to do to get the other one back on.

just curious...how did he pull the cowl cover off without knowing how the wiper arms come off ?

hmmm.....a mystery.

Back