• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bosch oil filters

thadeus

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever had problems with the elements collapsing on a fresh oil change? I ran 20 miles with my 95 country 4.0 and noticed my oil pressure dropping with engine rpm. Vowed never to use Bosch oil filters again and have never had a problem again. Same thing happened with my V-10 in my truck. That uses the same filter.

Sure nuff had... my xj did not like them.. they are made by champ labs same company that makes stp filters at autozoo and alota other house brands there is nothing german about them

I never had problems with Bosch, and in the past have found them to be a little better for oil flow than cheaper ones. A few years ago I cut some filters open and found that the Bosch had more and somewhat stiffer pleats than generics, but it sounds as if they may have changed. I guess maybe I'll change my recommendations. Now Wix had better not cheapen theirs too!

Back