• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to get a 8.8 to work with a spool???

cherokee Wheeler10

NAXJA Forum User
I order a full spool for my 95 8.8 not thinking about the fact that is is a c-clip axle what do i have to do to make that work.....i have heard of a c-clip elenator where would i find that and how well does it work?? an help would be great let me know how you guys did it????

They are kind of leaky, and not really designed for off-road use, but they can be made to work. Dutchman and Moser both make kits.

I assume I won't be working on these axles this weekewnd, then? :)

CRASH

No you wont be working on them Crash
..... is there anyother options and what is required to make the Moser Kit work.. would i have to buy moser axles also??.... is it worth the money??? Thanks for the help

Last edited:
I have been looking into this for mine, I wanted to spool mine but a cheep spool is around $200 & c-clip eleminators around $200 thats = $400 give or take. So I am going with a detroit for a littel over $500

creeperjeep said:
buy a mini spool?>

I wouldnt run it in an 8.8 as the stock carrier is the weak point next to the tubes spinning. Get a full carrier locker like a Detroit, ARB, or spool it.

AARON

I got mine because the carrier went bad. the guy just replaced the whole axle. the rest of the axle is fine, but that limits the lockers I can use. but that is fine with me.

Back