• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What should my fuel pressure be?

Lusty

NAXJA Forum User
HI again everyone, i have a new question. I have had my fuel pressure tested with just the ignition on and it was 5 psi, when running it was 30, is this good sounding? The reason i ask is because my fuel pump is loud sometimes and quiet others, i always try to keep it full of fuel too, so its not the fuel level. Suggestions? This will help me to diagnose a other prob i have. thx

Lusty said:
HI again everyone, i have a new question. I have had my fuel pressure tested with just the ignition on and it was 5 psi, when running it was 30, is this good sounding? The reason i ask is because my fuel pump is loud sometimes and quiet others, i always try to keep it full of fuel too, so its not the fuel level. Suggestions? This will help me to diagnose a other prob i have. thx
No that don't look good, you should have 39# and 31#running

What engine? What year? Believe it or not, the proper fuel pressure for a 1988 2.5 liter 4-cylinder is different than for a 2001 4.0 liter 6-cylinder.

i have a 90 with a 4.0 auto. Could this give me a miss at highway speed ya think, cause everything else is checked out fine, scoped twice, and electrical scanned too.

Back