• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auxillary Fan Problems

xxxj-va

NAXJA Forum User
Well the aux fan came on today and I felt alot of vibration through the jeep. (2000 XJ). Popped the hood and it seems that the fan itself (not the shroud) is cracked almost all the way to the center. How does this happen? Anyway....options for an upgrade that bolts in or what do I need to do here..... additionally, it seems that my a/c condenser bottle (the black bottle mounted near the firewall on the pass side (2000 xj) is constantly WET, even when the a/c is not running. Is this normal? Related? Thanks for the help in advance.

Pete

The 2000 aux fan IS an upgrade compared to the earlier designs. Your 2000 should still be under warranty, so why shop for a replacement? Take it to the dealer and ask if they'll replace it under the warranty. Sounds like it was defective from the git-go.

Thanks, I'll check on the warranty and if its not covered I'll see what they want for the fan. Any wisdom on the ac receiver/dryer bottle being covered in condensation regardless of my a/c being on or not?

THANKS!

P

Are you running the defrost? I understand that the a/c runs to provide dry air for the defrost function.

xxxj-va said:
Thanks, I'll check on the warranty and if its not covered I'll see what they want for the fan. Any wisdom on the ac receiver/dryer bottle being covered in condensation regardless of my a/c being on or not?

THANKS!

P

xxxj-va said:
Now I have to find the cheapest place to get a new aux fan assembly.

It's not covered by the 7/70K warranty? Or are you beyond 70,000 miles already?

I got a 3/36...anyway its covered, however the dealer says they have to do the work. Not possible right now so 200 bucks and 20 minutes and I'm "cool". I'll see if the service manager will work with me tomorrow....on to my suspension issues now.

Thanks for all the info you NAXJAns!

Pete

Back