• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleghorn Saturday 1-14. Tim, this means you!

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Cleghorn ridge this Saturday, anyone interested? I am open to times...it is a full moon...Night Run?

JohnX said:
Cleghorn ridge this Saturday, anyone interested? I am open to times...it is a full moon...Night Run?

Snday Snday Snday!!
I got the LSD by the way!! Works nice!!!!

FYI, lots of rain Saturday afternoon/night. Watch for flash flooding.

This will make for interesting wheelin on Sunday.

I would love to go, but I got to install new brakes before I hit the trail again. I plan on installing them this weekend.

Have fun!

It's gonna pour on your heads you losers...

Come with me to Truckhaven (Salton Sea) instead. I'm leaving saturday AM for some afternoon/night wheeling in the sunny desert.
We're camping sat night, wheeling a little sunday AM and heading back to the rain soaked (909) in the early afternoon.

Might even get you up in my buddy's Cessna if you can hack it.....

I wanted to go to Truckhaven, but the cats are sick, and we have to dope them up twice a day :( So I have to make it a day trip.

As for the weather...my neighbor and I went up on the 2nd (you know, the day it was pooring rain) It was awesome.

JohnX said:
I wanted to go to Truckhaven, but the cats are sick, and we have to dope them up twice a day :( So I have to make it a day trip.

As for the weather...my neighbor and I went up on the 2nd (you know, the day it was pooring rain) It was awesome.

Bummer.

I'm not sure my wife would like the open top jeep in the rain......

Truckhaven isnt bad for a day trip. Ive done it several times. I'll be there so let me know if you want to swing out. I'll PM you my cell #.

-Kirk

I would do it for the day, but the meds are every 12 hours...which means about 6 hours to wheel, and if anything breaks...I'm SOL.

If I can find someone to do the cats, then i will come.

I gotta get it shortend... its too long.... I have an older one that gets vibes at hwy speeds so i could just meet you at the trail head and just thrown on the front drive shaft and use it and then take it off

Shooting for 10 am at the trailhead, should take about 3 hours till we reach the other end.

Bring the DS and use it, then remove it. Good Idea.

JohnX said:
Shooting for 10 am at the trailhead, should take about 3 hours till we reach the other end.

Bring the DS and use it, then remove it. Good Idea.
So is this still a Saturday run?

rpraterxj said:
FYI, lots of rain Saturday afternoon/night. Watch for flash flooding.

This will make for interesting wheelin on Sunday.

Have fun!

My plan so far is to go up Sunday. I'm not planning on the butt crack of dawn though; it's only 1/2 hour up the road. :D I15 @ Cleghorn all the way through the Pinnacles(check on Dishpan while I'm there), that whole stretch ought to be a hoot.

Bent said:
My plan so far is to go up Sunday. I'm not planning on the butt crack of dawn though; it's only 1/2 hour up the road. :D I15 @ Cleghorn all the way through the Pinnacles(check on Dishpan while I'm there), that whole stretch ought to be a hoot.

I would like to go up on Sunday.......what time Bent? I am not interested in butt crack of dawn either..

Okay...I guess it is for Sunday. My neighbor might not be able to make it tommorrow anyway. So Hopefully I will see you Sunday. Please let me know what time you want to go. I may not run the whole trail, but definetely Cleghorn end of it.

SATURDAY IS CANCELLED

JohnX said:
Okay...I guess it is for Sunday. My neighbor might not be able to make it tommorrow anyway. So Hopefully I will see you Sunday. Please let me know what time you want to go. I may not run the whole trail, but definetely Cleghorn end of it.

SATURDAY IS CANCELLED
Will i be ok with my rig John...as it is set up? How tough is this trail anyways?

tcm glx said:
Will i be ok with my rig John...as it is set up? How tough is this trail anyways?

Cleghorn is mostly two tracks. Fire road and trail; there is pretty much a bypass for everything. Flex is important for the trail but if it’s muddy, it is going to be slicker that snot. :D Traction will be your friend.

I’m thinking meet at the Cleghorn exit from I15 North, which also happens to be the trail head, at 9:30, hit the trail at 10:00am. If it’s as wet and muddy as the weathermen would have us to believe it will be; we may only have time for the Cleghorn part of the trail. If that turns out to be the case, it will be a good time. There is at least one section that with mud may tough on the sheet metal.

Chime in y’all.

TIM

EDIT: John, tell the Shirleys we'll miss ‘em. :kissyou:

Last edited:
Back