• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BB and 31s on a MJ SEARCHED!

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2" BB on my 1990 MJ. I have two 30X9.5X15 MT/Rs that I was going to get two more to match. I found in the local classifieds a set of 31s.

From what ive read theyll fit a XJ with only rubbing on the LCAs with stock wheels. Thats fine with me, the thing I couldnt find was info on the rear. The MJ has more travel in the rear and was curiosu if there will be any problems out there (no sway bar back there stock)

Other than that, my only question is will there be any other things to worry about between 30s and 31s? I already have 4.10s so im not worried about that. According to tire rack they both weigh the same, so no big deal there.

Anything else I should be worried about? I think drivetrain will be ok since im not going to be wheeling moab with it.

I've got an 87 with 31x10.5s on a stock suspension. THe rears will stuff completely.
The fronts rub a bit on the top of my innner fenders at full stuff.
They do rub on my LCAs at full lock, but you don't sacrifice a lot of turning radius. I can get to within 1/4 turn of full lock and they're fine.

we had one on 31x10.5's on 10" rims at the shop, we trimmed the front fenders and it was fine and it was fine...was 2wd and we never wheeled it.

Back