• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

for those with kevins track bar

scottsxj

NAXJA Forum User
how did yall manage to torgue down the bolt on the axle side. I can kinda get a wrench in there but once i really start putting some torque on it just slips. For know its at about 50-60 ft lbs of torque, but it needs to be at 90. Thanks for any help

scott

i did the same thing as intrepid... its a super easy little tack weld. or you could try wedgin a screwdriver (that you dont care about) in there to hold it still also...

You guys need not get so creative with your welders ! ! !
I used a good old crapsman flat bladed screwdriver with the square shaft. Rotate the nut so that one side of the hex is paralell with the ground. Than jamb the square shaft of the correct size screwdriver into the gap on top of the nut. Grab your ratchet and torque to your hearts content. When done remove the screwdriver and viola. You are torqued. C'mon guys that took me 30 seconds to figure out when I installed mine ! ! !

ARBOGASTER said:
You guys need not get so creative with your welders ! ! !
I used a good old crapsman flat bladed screwdriver with the square shaft. Rotate the nut so that one side of the hex is paralell with the ground. Than jamb the square shaft of the correct size screwdriver into the gap on top of the nut. Grab your ratchet and torque to your hearts content. When done remove the screwdriver and viola. You are torqued. C'mon guys that took me 30 seconds to figure out when I installed mine ! ! !

thanks, that worked like a charm.

IntrepidXJ said:
..and it took me 30 seconds to weld :dunno:

Yep and for those poor souls who don't have a welder, or don't want to spend 5 minutes dragging out the MIG hooking up the gas and crawling back under the jeep can grab a craftsman screwdriver and be done. I guess if you have to remove the nut for some reason you could get it off with your grinder in about . . . . 30 seconds right ! ! !

The man said . . . .

"Thanks ! Worked like a charm"

not

"Gee laying on my back and welding that nut was alot of fun"

Nuff Said

Happy Wheelin

Last edited:
Back