• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

project advice needed

oopsbilly

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 laredo with 3" rancho lift, custom roof rack, 31" baja claws, and numerous other nicknacks. What I am planning on doing is acos spacers in front, revolvers in back ( do they give any lift?) bumpers, skids, rails, snorkel etc. What I'm looking for advice on is decent and affordable adjustable control arms (heim joint) steering linkages, sye kits. If I can get 5" of lift out of 3" lift kit with the spacers and shackles that would be great.But can anyone see any possible conflicts with parts or driveline angles?? I'm planning on 33"s with custom fenders so I'm not worried about rubbing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

oopsbilly said:
I have a 91 laredo with 3" rancho lift, custom roof rack, 31" baja claws, and numerous other nicknacks. What I am planning on doing is acos spacers in front, revolvers in back ( do they give any lift?) bumpers, skids, rails, snorkel etc. What I'm looking for advice on is decent and affordable adjustable control arms (heim joint) steering linkages, sye kits. If I can get 5" of lift out of 3" lift kit with the spacers and shackles that would be great.But can anyone see any possible conflicts with parts or driveline angles?? I'm planning on 33"s with custom fenders so I'm not worried about rubbing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
so many questions :D Well, best advice I can give you is to look here and then ask more specific questions.

revolvers give 3/4" lift.

well lets start with the first one, do revolver shackles give any lift? I heard somewhere they do but i cant find any info about them anywhere except that they flex enormously. I know the acos spacers give a minimum of 2", I just want to make sure the front and back even out.

oopsbilly said:
thanx, any recommendations for keeping the lift level?
Yes. Keep it level.:D

If your going to do it, do it right the first time around unlike most of us that have replaced and rebuilt our suspension more times than we've changed our diff fluid......

Long Arms, 6.5" lift (atleast, I prefer 13" :)) traction control, gearing, rockers, the rest will come as you go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back