• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tps conversion

JASPERW_13

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of building and installing a stroker engine in my 90 cherokee. I want to use a HO head and intake but i have been hearing that you have to modify the tps for the trans to shift. I've been looking at my old tps and it has six wires. 2 white, 2 blue, and 2 black. I assume that each color controls the same thing. one sends info to the trans and the other sends info to the ecu. I was wondering that if i got a pig tail connector off a newer jeep and spliced the wires together in sets of 3 if it would run and shift right? the newer tps has 3 wires that lead off of it also so i would assume they are reading the same things as the older renix model. If anyone has any info about this or knows how to use the old tps on a newer throttlebody i would reall appreciate some help. thanks jasper

Back