• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heartthrob Cat Back

Jim D.

NAXJA Forum User
No laughing, please...where I have my '97 XJ, military mail is key. I can get a Heartthrob system very easily (again, no laughing or disgusting sounds, please) from JCWhitney. I know about Gibson, Magnaflow, etc., but does anyone have a Heartthrob cat back system on their ride?

Second question. Getting error 21: O2 Sensor over voltage, but the O2 sensor is new. Having a racing idle problem. XJ only has 86,500 miles on it. Electronic? or simply a mechanical linkage problem?? Bad overseas gas??

(Car was in SoCal - LA - until 500 miles ago...just finishing the second local tank of "unleaded" gas.)

never had any experience with the heartthrob.

but a couple of guys (and myself) around here really like the Thrush Magnum Glasspack and Flowtech Redhots Glasspack mufflers.

just put em on behind the cat with a turndown tip on them, weld em up to the existing hangar - and it really makes for a nice low rumble that won't deafen you inside the cab.

find em at summitracing.com (they're in the 20-30 dollar category)

Thanks for the opine. Useful info. But, Heartthrob is already on the way; when installed, will post the results.

FYI, seems to be the racing throttle was - simply - a sticky spring mechanism. Too simple? I hope not!!!

"but the O2 sensor is new."

both new? I dont know if that code indicates which one is high..

Code did NOT segregate O2 Sensors, but - simple enuf - the problem was simply a sticky throttle linkage (where the spring unit is). Cleaned; lubed...working fine now. And the Check Engine light went off after the requisite number of start ups.

Whatch doing in peru ? Kind of a long drive from calif...

Not sure I should answer someone with 3 Jeeps. That leaves 2 worthy souls somewhere in the world without one...but, so be it.

Foreign Service Officer working for the U.S. Agency for International Development.

Back