• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tracbar relocation

Dustinyork

NAXJA Forum User
I dont currently have enough money to buy an aftermarlet trackbar set up for my 90 xj and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the tracbar relocation brackets you can buy that relocate your stock tracbar. any input would be greatly appreciated.i have a 3 inch lift now but am looking to add about another 1.5 to 2 inches from a spcer and shackle it i have already and i know something has to be done with it to accomodate for the extra lift .the cherokee sees the trails on somw weekends but is usually my daily driver.
Thank you
Dustin

Dustinyork said:
I dont currently have enough money to buy an aftermarlet trackbar set up for my 90 xj and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the tracbar relocation brackets you can buy that relocate your stock tracbar. any input would be greatly appreciated.i have a 3 inch lift now but am looking to add about another 1.5 to 2 inches from a spcer and shackle it i have already and i know something has to be done with it to accomodate for the extra lift .the cherokee sees the trails on somw weekends but is usually my daily driver.
Thank you
Dustin

band-aid relocation brackets might get you by for a while but the trackbar is a perfect example of "do it right the first time" because the trackbar and its mountsd take alot of hard abuse. look for something used from an XJ, TJ, or even a ZJ. someone is always selling their old junk. especially with tax-time here, alot of us will be upgrading and selling off the old stuff.

I have a relocation bracket that I lend out to newbie's,I always get it back,they dont work for crap!

by lowering the frame end or rasing the axle end you are decreasing the distance between the 2 points. the trackbar should be on the same angle as the steering linkage. by moving an attatchment point like this you are increasing the force thru leverage. i will go as far as say that a stock trackbar will not be able to work at the angle required by a 5" lift. and even with brackets it will still be too short.

hold off on the extra lift until you CAN afford the proper trackbar.

Dustinyork said:
Thank you
Dustin

i redrilled my axle bracket about 1/4" higher and 1/2" toward the drivers side and with 4.5" rusty's coils and 3/4" spacers the axle was nearly dead center with the Stock trac-bar,
this with some creative grinding on the portion of the trac-bar bracket that will hit when the passenger-side droops you can still achieve moderate flex..

514361_3_full.jpg

Back