• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Everythings leaking?

el_roy1985

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I was lookin at my jeep today and I noticed it had some spots under the rear end. Upon closer inspection I realized it was from the differential. Also it's not only coming from the diff. cover, but it's coming from the pinion as well. Now that's not all... I just replaced the front pinion seal and diff. cover gasket over the summer, but those are leaking also. What kind of crap is that? To have all of these things just start leaking at the same time even though some of them were recently replaced? The front one is really bad too, it will drip a real big puddle in just a few minutes. I have a bucket under it right now.

Has anyone had something like this before?

It's really cold up here and I've recently been through some icy water, but I didn't think that could cause something like this. I don't even think my differentials got into the water, only my tires.

I hate leaks, but they seem to love me. Tomorrow I'll try and replace the front and rear diff. cover gaskets in the 4 hours time period I'm goin to have, I don't know when I'll get time to do the pinion seals though, those aren't leaking as bad so they can sit for a little bit yet.

I've had much better luck with keeping diff covers sealed up using RTV and no gasket. Also when you replaced the pinion seal did you tighten the pinion nut to proper spec/preload?

Its a jeep. It's going to leak, duh. If you don't have leaks under it after you park it, you don't drive it like a jeep is suppose to be driven.

Clean your vent tube. I bet it is clogged and it is blowing seals to vent. If you have been mudding lately that may be your problem. It has happen to me a few times.

BA

Back