• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats it worth?

nitrogt101

NAXJA Forum User
First of all, I'm posting this here instead of another area because everything seems to be more expensive in Socal. I wonder why? :laugh3:

Just wondering what my Jeep is worth, I'm thinking about selling it, but only if I can get enough to pay off what I still owe and have enough left over for a little putt putt car.

Here are the specs:

1998 Cherokee Sport, 4x4, 4.0 auto, all power, factory tow kit, stock fog lights, 104,500 miles mostly freeway.

Here are the mods:

3 inch lift includes: AAL, ACOS adjustable coil spacers, JKS sway bar disconnects, adjustable track bar, rancho RS5000's all the way around(adjustable dampness)

31" BFG AT's on black steelies and matching spare

K&N full intake kit thingy

Flowmaster exhaust(pipes are from a Gibson kit)

JET stage 1 computer chip

and some random stuff(mount for hi-lift on stock rails, airhorns under hood...)

Condition: decent, not quite good but better than fair. Light pin stripes from branches(mostly buffed out), biggest flaw is a small dent in the passanger back door from a Ford ranger bumping me in the parking lot. It might be able to be popped out.

Thats all that I can think of right now. So what do you guys think I could get for this? Would around $7,200 be to high? I've seen some stock '99s with close to 100k miles for between $8-9,000.

Here is the only picture I have of it on this computer.

IMG_0033.jpg

Thanks for any input. :)

Considering what an associate just recently paid for their '97 2WD XJ, I think $7200 would be very reasonable.

nitrogt101 said:
So that means you're gonna buy it right? :laugh3:

Do you think I should look for closer to $8,000 then?

I am not going to buy unless I win the lottery :laugh3:

Always expect someone to negotiate you down and you don't want to start too high then the potential buyers get scared off. I would think if you ask $7500 you would get $7000 for it.

Good luck!

If he asked $7500, I would offer 6K, and expect to settle around $6800. I always figure about 10% off what they ask.

cracker said:
Considering what an associate just recently paid for their '97 2WD XJ, I think $7200 would be very reasonable.

How's that? That 97 2wd has 61,200 miles, auto/power/leather/all and is in near showroom condition. It was $5800..

cracker said:
I am not going to buy unless I win the lottery :laugh3:

Always expect someone to negotiate you down and you don't want to start too high then the potential buyers get scared off. I would think if you ask $7500 you would get $7000 for it.

Good luck!

Yeah I know that. I'm not saying because I think its worth $7200 I'd ask that. And if someone offers me too low, then I just wont sell it. I'm not in that tight of a situation yet. I'm thinkin about asking around $7700 or $7800. Thanks for your input, now go win the lottery.

Back