• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new to area

GreenbeltXJ

ACTUAL WHEELER
i.m new to the area and i was trying to find out were all the wheeling spots are i'm in silverdale, wa stationed at bangor, with MCSFCO. all ihave done to my 2dr XJ is a 2" (spacers and shackles) and 30" mts. so i can,t really go to hard core on the tough trails. ive been to tahuya a couple of times but im starting to get bored with it. thanks allot.

Welcome to the beautiful Northwest! And we might have a special offer for you.... http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71391

Myself as well as a few other members are sponsoring XJers who are active duty military. Free membership as thanks for your service. You might want to wait a little while to make sure the group is for you, and maybe go on a run so you can meet us, but otherwise you're in.

Hope to meet you on the trails soon!

-----Matt-----

Welcome to both the area and our community, i dont live to far from you( the south end of kitasp county) so if you ever want to go wheelin sometime just shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

fzabolla said:
i'm in silverdale, wa stationed at bangor, with MCSFCO.
Welcome to the forum, and the PNW chapter!

I've been to Bangor many times, unfortunately it was to put my crackheads in the Brig there.

MCFSO? Marine Corps Soda Fountain Company? Misguided Children spouting false coordinates?

Just Kidding, hope to see you on the trail!

that sounds like something id be interested in, i have a crazy schedule and only get about 2 weekends off when im lucky. my jeep is pretty much stock exept for the cheap 2in lift and my ghetto exhaust (glasspack) don't worry it temperary. so i don't think i can go on to many trails around here entill i put a bigger lift on.

fzabolla said:
my jeep is pretty much stock exept for the cheap 2in lift and my ghetto exhaust (glasspack) don't worry it temperary. so i don't think i can go on to many trails around here entill i put a bigger lift on.

I think you might be very surprised what a basically stock XJ can do. At our yearly event (NWFest), a rig exactly like yours (Budget Boost, 30" tires only) went EVERYWHERE the bigger trucks went, on some pretty challenging trails. So don't be afraid to try!

-----Matt-----

Welcome to the NW.
You have a place close to play.
Tahuya ORV area ,west of hwy 3 from Bremerton.
If you want to try some snow I have a run to Holler Pass on the 21st .
It`s posted.

hards91xj said:
Welcome to the NW.
You have a place close to play.
Tahuya ORV area ,west of hwy 3 from Bremerton.
If you want to try some snow I have a run to Holler Pass on the 21st .
It`s posted.

how far away from silverdale is that?

hards91xj said:
Tahuya or Holler Pass ??
holler pass, i go to tahuya as much as i can.

To where we meet up in Enumclaw 2hr then another 40 min to the fs74 rd then to Holler pass 1 hr to 6 hr depending upon the snow conditions.

how many rigs are going to hollar pass?

what about the wheeling places around here? just give me some names and i will find them on the map

Out in Silverdale are I don't think there is much that I know. I think Tahuyah (sp) is about the closest that I know. Aside from that you have Evans Creek as well as others near the mountains.

-b

Yeah Evans is good and there is some trails you can run with a BB though I think 3" and 31s is the key to unlock most of it. It is tight on the trails here in the PNW so armor is your friend if you are worried about body damage. I made it through Evans mostly unscathed the last time I was up there. Only lost 1 fender flare and a very small dent on the front corner (which was self inflicted after bouncing off a tree) and a few scrapes. But rock rails, bumpers, and a T-case skid would be my first armoring options. I'm presently building bumpers and rails to try to ward off some damage.

-b

GirlScout1 said:
Yeah Evans is good and there is some trails you can run with a BB though I think 3" and 31s is the key to unlock most of it. It is tight on the trails here in the PNW so armor is your friend if you are worried about body damage. I made it through Evans mostly unscathed the last time I was up there. Only lost 1 fender flare and a very small dent on the front corner (which was self inflicted after bouncing off a tree) and a few scrapes. But rock rails, bumpers, and a T-case skid would be my first armoring options. I'm presently building bumpers and rails to try to ward off some damage.

-b

Couldn't have said it better!

-----Matt-----

how much would you charge to make some rock rails for a 2dr? cheaper than buying a welder?

Back