• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone doing the SD Four Wheelers event?

Jump This

Just another minion!
I am going to be heading out either Friday night with the motor home or Saturday morning without it...
Anyone else going...anyone need a place to sleep Friday night? Give me a reason to bring the monster (motor home) out Friday night!
Rick R :sunshine:
NOT sharing my bed!
(unless you are ....*add name of any wealthy hottie here*)

Jump This said:
I am going to be heading out either Friday night with the motor home or Saturday morning without it...
Anyone else going...anyone need a place to sleep Friday night? Give me a reason to bring the monster (motor home) out Friday night!
NOT sharing my bed!
(unless you are ....*add name of any wealthy hottie here*)

Details?

Hey we are heading your way this saturday. You up for a run saturday evening/night/sunday morning?

SD4 Wheelers does an annuel event out at Superstition Mt. Its a large event with a raffle Sat. night.
I have never been to this event before so I decided I might give it a go.
If nobody else I know is going I could be up for a Saturday run out here.
I'll decide by Thursday night.

I plan on going out Friday and stay the weekend. Family not going this time so I will be either sleeping under/in my XJ in a tent or on a recliner (good idea to be up off the ground). Darn dusty out there. Last time I slept outside I wore a dust mask all night long and was darn glad of it. I may even try to hide on far eastern edge and get away from the yahoo's going 70mph at 1 a.m.

I will be driving Red 92 XJ with a big black PVC pipe on the roof and two cheapo fog lights being used a cornering lights.

John

fdsa487 said:
I'll be there. Red XJ black steelies on 33" m/t's.
I'll be the with 4 Rubicons. They doubt the fully locked up XJ.
Its always fun making the Rubies look bad!!
A Rubi is no match for a locked XJ!
PS I still have not decided if I will be bringing out the motor home...will post Thursday night!

Jump This said:
Its always fun making the Rubies look bad!!
A Rubi is no match for a locked XJ!
PS I still have not decided if I will be bringing out the motor home...will post Thursday night!

If you are going out there by yourself you can camp in our circle. We'll have 2 motorhomes and 5 Jeeps. Im sleeping in a tent, however.

Anyone from OC going that wants to carry a rear end and some mounting hardware to Rick R? ;)

My last project snowballed out of control and I'm still a month or more away from any wheeling ability.

-C

cal said:
My last project snowballed out of control and I'm still a month or more away from any wheeling ability.

-C

Hmmm, I've never seen that happen before.

:wave:

:)

For those of you going how about we try to link up by CB on Channel 6 at 8pm on Friday night? For those who get in late I guess we will see you when we assemble for runs in the moring.

John

fdsa487 said:
I'll be on 6 @ 8 :chef:
I still don't know if I will take the motorhome. Gas here has just hit $2.75 a gallon.
Lets see.....80mi. trip @ 7 mpg...lets see....about $65 for gas in the motorhome alone....ahhh....sounds cheap enough!
I"m in for the motorhome.
The MH doesn't have a CB in it so I'll hang with the XJ at 8:00 on Channel 6.

Jump This said:
I still don't know if I will take the motorhome. Gas here has just hit $2.75 a gallon.
Lets see.....80mi. trip @ 7 mpg...lets see....about $65 for gas in the motorhome alone....ahhh....sounds cheap enough!
I"m in for the motorhome.
The MH doesn't have a CB in it so I'll hang with the XJ at 8:00 on Channel 6.

I'll be there with beer-in-hand.

EMERGENCY NOTICE!
I will NOT be bringing the motorhome to the event. For those of you who were hoping to find a way out of the cold tonight I am sorry. I can not find my tow bar for the Jeep. I belive I loaned it to one of the members of another 4X site and I can't contact him.
I will however make it out tomarrow morning.....
Sorry again...... :dunce:

I went, I had too since I'm with the rsd4wheelers and they made us work.

I helped with the Saturday VOODOO run. The Lead was a red XJ (BIGRED), I was the mid in and other red XJ and Bigreds wife was the tail.

No other XJs signed up for some reason. There were a couple of Toys, Rubis, CJs, one Ford PU, a toy land cruiser (old 60's). Had fun and only had one drive shaft break on a easy part.

Saw lots of nice XJ's running around. Hope next year an all XJ trail can be set up.

The raffle was pretty good too. Too bad all I won was Mother Car wash.

rpili2001 said:
I went, I had too since I'm with the rsd4wheelers and they made us work.

I helped with the Saturday VOODOO run. The Lead was a red XJ (BIGRED), I was the mid in and other red XJ and Bigreds wife was the tail.

No other XJs signed up for some reason. There were a couple of Toys, Rubis, CJs, one Ford PU, a toy land cruiser (old 60's). Had fun and only had one drive shaft break on a easy part.

Saw lots of nice XJ's running around. Hope next year an all XJ trail can be set up.

The raffle was pretty good too. Too bad all I won was Mother Car wash.

It's all lie's. We know Ray doesn't wheel anymore.

P1140144.jpg

BULLDOG SLIDE!
P1130111.jpg

P1140136.jpg

Did not get to many pictures but here are 3 of the better ones. I had a great time out there. Made it up the highest part of san dam and bull dog slide. Next year it would be cool if all the XJ's got together.

Last edited:
Back