• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee front bumper

floyd

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings all!

I was browsing through 4x4 Garage magazine this past weekend and on page 79 is a picture of a Cherokee. What I am interested in is the front bumper that is on the rig. I'm planning on purchasing an aftermarket one and this bumper is exactly what I am looking for. It fits well, particuarly matching up on the sides with the fender opening, and has an integral skid plate right under the nose. However, after scouring the major and minor aftermarket manufacturers I can not find it. I was hoping someone might have the magazine and be able to give me the name of who manufactures the bumper.

Thanks in advance,

david

Yep, it's got the round holes for foglamps and tabs for 'D' rings.

I will scan and post when I get an opportunity.

The only bumper I know of (unless its custom) with built in fogs is TrailReady's. Check it out here: http://www.trailready.com/jeep_cherokee.html

cher_full_wrap_sport_lg.jpg

RCman said:
The only bumper I know of (unless its custom) with built in fogs is TrailReady's. Check it out here: http://www.trailready.com/jeep_cherokee.html

cher_full_wrap_sport_lg.jpg
I'm 99% sure that's it, except IIRC the one in the magazine had vertical slots in the bottom of it similar to the stock ZJs front bumper.

EDIT: I just checked TR's site and that's it. I didn't see any prices. Is it available yet?

Last edited:
Hey now! That looks damn close to it! Though the one in the magazine didn't have the brush bar on it, I do remember seeing (what appears to be) the cut out TR front and center.

Thanks much, RCman!

They have been selling them for a while now. When they were sold to the public, I think that they were around 900, and I'm not sure if that's with or without the brushguard.

Yep, that is quite a chunk of change. But if I'm going to spend my money I don't think twice about spending more for something I want vs. spending a lesser amount of money for something that is *sort of* what I want.

Just emailed them to see if they offer them sans the brush guard.

A follow up for those interested in the Trail Ready bumpers for XJ's: I got an email back which stated something to the effect that they would be starting up production of the XJ line in February and that I could email them directly to place an order. I was quoted $850 for the front bumper sans the brush guard.

floyd said:
A follow up for those interested in the Trail Ready bumpers for XJ's: I got an email back which stated something to the effect that they would be starting up production of the XJ line in February and that I could email them directly to place an order. I was quoted $850 for the front bumper sans the brush guard.
To me that is way too much. I just built my own. You could build your own and do the same thing and be $700 dollar ahead if not more.

That's way too much money for a bumper. Build your own or find a buddy who can help you. I've spent about $50 on the steel for this one I built, but lots of time too.

100_0871.jpg

Megawatt said:
That's way too much money for a bumper. Build your own or find a buddy who can help you. I've spent about $50 on the steel for this one I built, but lots of time too.

100_0871.jpg
Dude that bumper is way kickass! I want one!!!

I certainly appreciate all the concerns about how I spend my money. But to me, time is money. I would much rather pay for exactly what I want, in this case the TR bumper, vs. screwing around for a weekend trying to put something together myself. I've got too many irons in the fire as it is and plenty of cash to spend.

Yep, I've seen those before. However, the lights are directed downward for use during low light level rock crawling. I won't be doing any of that! ;)

Bottom line is, it's the styling of the TR bumper that I really like. That and the fact that it is less likely to get dinged up like the stock bumper has from my wifes driving!

Megawatt said:

100_0871.jpg

That's a kick ass bumper, any build up plans?

Back