• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CPS or Fuel Pump or...???

binfordtools

NAXJA Forum User
My 2000 has always had this hard start issue. After reading several posts here, I just always assumed that it was the crank position sensor. I never worried about it much until lately. I have a remote start on my XJ and I have noticed lately that it only will start on the 2nd attempt. It will crank forever, sputter then stop. My remote start has a 2nd attempt deal on it where it will try and start it again if it failed the first time. It starts fine on the 2nd attempt.
When I just get in and start it in the morning, it seems to take a bit longer now than when I first got my Jeep. If It was running and I run into the store and back out it starts perfect within a second.
I know everybody here says the CPS seems to fix hard starting issues, but this seems more like a fuel line pressure issue or something. It has about 74,000 miles on it and to my knowledge has never had any major work done to it.

Any ideas?

Back