• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Klunking noise in front end?

truckeejeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone- so I have this "klunk" noise coming from somewhere I believe in the steering system. It happens when I turn the wheels all the way to the right or the left, right before it gets to where the wheel is turned all the way. I crawled under it and looked while someone else turned, and I couldn't find the problem, it almost looks as if the system gets lifted a little and the kinda "klunks" back into place. It does sound like something is smacking on the frame, because I can feel it pretty well inside the jeep. I have read EVERYTHING I could find on this board. So I have a rather basic question I suppose: could someone post some photos or something to help me identify all the parts down there? I guess I will try tightening the track-bar/bracket first, but sorry, Im not sure which one it is down there? Where exactly should I be tightening? Also looking at my bushings, they are worn but still there, could this be it? Sorry for the long post, just trying to be clear... oh - '91 sport 5sp 4.0HO 4x4, thanks y'all.... - TJ

Here ya go!!

Jeepfrontendparts.jpg

Back