• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beadlock Rings

bj-666

NAXJA Forum User
i currently have what i beleive are king beadlocks 15x10 with (i think) the 18 bolt design. well i'm not too happy about the lock ring, it is rather thin and only uses 18 bolts which are on the small side. i'm thinking of having some new rings cut out of 1/4 or 3/8. i am wondering if the beadlock rings needs to be bent somewhat outward or if it can just be a piece of round flat stock i've been looking for people who have made new rings and found almost none, why is this?

Personally, I would buy a set of DIY weld on bead locks, for saftey and accuracy.

Although I love to fab up stuff, I would hate to fawk up and find out I didn't do it right while I am traveling down the road or out on the trail. They're a bitch to balance also, if you can even get them to.

I don't see why you couldn't make your own, it would just take a little longer. I would use 1/4 plate, make some patterns out of cardboard or something similar, use a tig welder, some grade 8 3/8'' bolts and lock washers and nylock nuts with locktite. Don't want them loosing up and having air leak out. 3/16" steel would work also. Look on Pirate, there are some writeups on how people do their DIY weld ons. Here are a few that I am going to follow when ever I get around to beadlocks.

i currently have beadlock wheels i'm just looking to make the outer locking ring mine are bent and thin:mad:.

Ohh, thought you were wanting to do them all over again. I would take your old outer lock rings and use them as a pattern, cut it out of 1/4" flat plate steel, and go from there.

The outer lock rings in the first url I posted are flat.

The lock ring in the second one have a different shape on the end, almost like an S shape, to hold the bead better?

Shit get to fabbin something up, and share!

there is a good chance that a MRT or other ring may work. take some measurements and make a couple calls. The MRT are similiar in that they have a "step" but are much thicker. A friend has a set that we think was a weld on and the ring is about as thick as a fake lock.

Flat stock should work.
TrailReady uses straight flat stock.

cool just needed to make sure flat would work mine have a slight taper forcing the tire true on the rim. anyone ever have any steel cut by a water jet or wire edm or other such device. i have solid works and autocad and could easily make up a mech drawing for these. i doubt that the price will be worth it but anyone have a clue on pricing. i figure if i'm gonna do it i may as well do it bling.

bj-666 said:
. anyone ever have any steel cut by a water jet or wire edm or other such device

A water jet machine works well, if the operator know what they are doing. Ever watch Orange County Choppers show on Discovery Channel? They also use one, and thier work looks bitchin afterwards. Also a CNC machine could do the job. Don't know about the prices to cut out the rings, but they may be more spendy than just fabbin some up yourself, or using a different brand outer ring.

Back