• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

budget boost

ny_busboy

NAXJA Forum User
i am planning to install a budget boost on my 2001 xj sport with 30x9.5 tires. i will install either the daystar or teraflex.

Q1 - are there any other parts i need to change if i will be installing the BB?
Q2 - which one do you recommend, daystar or teraflex?
Q3 - any other important things i need to keep in mind when installing the BB?

I installed the Teraflex on my 2000 XJ. Having never done this to a vehicle before, I figured it would be a real challenge for me. Actually it was really easy. It took me most of the day to do front and back, but that was also making a trip to town to trade in my coil spring compressor (which fit on the inside of the spring--doesn't work due to the bump stop) for a compressor that fit on the outside (used to change out struts).
Q1--I only had the new shackles and the coil spring spacers, and that was the only parts I changed out.
Q2--I don't know anything about the Daystar kit, but I recommend Teraflex to anyone doing a small, first lift.
Q3--If you rent tools, make sure you have what you need. Two jacks are better than one; I couldn't get the rear axle to balance and used a hydraulic jack on one side and the stock Jeep jack on the other to raise and lower the axle.
Good luck, and don't worry.

djwright4341 said:
I installed the Teraflex on my 2000 XJ. Having never done this to a vehicle before, I figured it would be a real challenge for me. Actually it was really easy. It took me most of the day to do front and back, but that was also making a trip to town to trade in my coil spring compressor (which fit on the inside of the spring--doesn't work due to the bump stop) for a compressor that fit on the outside (used to change out struts).
Q1--I only had the new shackles and the coil spring spacers, and that was the only parts I changed out.
Q2--I don't know anything about the Daystar kit, but I recommend Teraflex to anyone doing a small, first lift.
Q3--If you rent tools, make sure you have what you need. Two jacks are better than one; I couldn't get the rear axle to balance and used a hydraulic jack on one side and the stock Jeep jack on the other to raise and lower the axle.
Good luck, and don't worry.

Thanks a lot... Could you recommend any website that sells the cheapest teraflex?

did you guys purchase the daystar 1" shackle (rear) and 1.75 spacer (front)...is your front and rear spacing even? i am confused if mine will be even consideing my rear is a BIT (not too much) due to leaf sagging? i am thinking of getting a 1.5 rear shackle and .75 coil spring dpacer in front to make sure it will be even. your thoughts please!

i sugest getting the Rubicon Express 2" lift, it incudes coil spacers add a leafs ext. brake lines and shocks.

My plan for a budget boost is a pair of 2" AALs into a set of fresh OEM leafpacks, (maybe add MJ shackles if it needs it) and a pair of Carquest XJ HD coils with one extra OEM spring isolatoron each side. I will get a set of Bilstein shocks as well.

I'm looking at a 2-2.5" lift, plus hopefully a higher overall spring rate... (I am tired of my Jeep driving like a jellyfish)

woody said:
My plan for a budget boost is a pair of 2" AALs into a set of fresh OEM leafpacks, (maybe add MJ shackles if it needs it) and a pair of Carquest XJ HD coils with one extra OEM spring isolatoron each side. I will get a set of Bilstein shocks as well.

I'm looking at a 2-2.5" lift, plus hopefully a higher overall spring rate... (I am tired of my Jeep driving like a jellyfish)
with an extra isolator you be close to 3" in front,
I believe those isolators are 3/4 in. and you'll get a firmer front end thats for sure.

my rear is a bit sagging...if i install the daystar 1.75 front coil spriing spacer and 1" shackle, my rear anf front will still not even. teraflex did not specify if the front spacer and shackles are both 1.5"... any body can help me decide which shackles and coils spring spacer to install? i just need at least 1" to 2" lift.

ny_busboy said:
my rear is a bit sagging...if i install the daystar 1.75 front coil spriing spacer and 1" shackle, my rear anf front will still not even. teraflex did not specify if the front spacer and shackles are both 1.5"... any body can help me decide which shackles and coils spring spacer to install? i just need at least 1" to 2" lift.
if your rear is sagging DONT get shackels, get add a leafs, do it right the first time.

my rear is .5 inches lower than my front.

is it possible to install 1.5 shackle in the rear and .75 coil spring space in the front?

if add a leaf is the only solution, what brand of AAL is recommended with more consumer satisfactory rating?

im planing on using grand coils upfront and a shackle in the rear...i already have a coil spacer and a addaleaf

Back