• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockers

Roads

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone give me a link that explains lockers in full detail. I've searched but what I need is an overall explanation of the different types of lockers and how they work. Thanks

Roads said:
Can anyone give me a link that explains lockers in full detail. I've searched but what I need is an overall explanation of the different types of lockers and how they work. Thanks
You got automatic lockers and selective lockers.
1. Selective lockers allow you to choose whether you're locked or open. They come in three types:
- cable acutated: OX
- air actuated: ARB
- electric actuated: electrac, ected
IIRC electrac and ected also act as a limited slip when not engaged.
2. Automatic lockers detect slip of tire and engage. They come in two major types:
- lunch box: no slip, quick locker (they install into the carrier replacing the spider gears)
- full carrier: detroit

There are more of the automatic lockers but those are the only ones I can think of of the top of my head.

contact JP magazine. I remember seeing a write-up explaining everything from limited slips and soft lockers to full automatics and spools.

Back