• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heated Mirrors 97+

jeepboy_90

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to see if anyone has heated mirrors on there 97 or newer XJs or if the have got a kit to fix this.

What year XJ did you get them from? Would like to add them to my XJ. It sure needs them in the morn.

Let me be the first to say that I am not a big fan of the heated mirrors. Yes, they can melt ice and snow, but if you run to the store and then get back in your Jeep for the ride home the mirrors seem to be way more clogged up with ice and stuff -- until they get the chance to clean back off after several miles.

Anyone else had that problem?

HAPYMUDY said:
Let me be the first to say that I am not a big fan of the heated mirrors. Yes, they can melt ice and snow, but if you run to the store and then get back in your Jeep for the ride home the mirrors seem to be way more clogged up with ice and stuff -- until they get the chance to clean back off after several miles.

Anyone else had that problem?
Nope.

Do you have the same problem with 'more ice and stuff' clogging up your rear window after you've had the rear defroster on too??? :confused:

husky250rider said:
put some on my 97 sport and they work off of rear defrost switch to

Were the wires already in place and you just had to plug them in or did you need wiring too... I'm replacing my front speakers so I figure while the panels are off...why not.

RichP said:
Were the wires already in place and you just had to plug them in or did you need wiring too... I'm replacing my front speakers so I figure while the panels are off...why not.
Yep, on the 97+ it's all plug and play. It's even already wired in to work with your rear window defroster (providing you have that option on your XJ). :)

JEEPZZ said:
Yep, on the 97+ it's all plug and play. It's even already wired in to work with your rear window defroster (providing you have that option on your XJ). :)
X2, and Rich if your wondering the wiring for the Infinity tweeters is there plug & play too. They are powered from the headunit so they'll work without the amp.

Where did you buy the heated mirrors? What company? Looked on ebay and they are all grand cherokee.

jeepboy_90 said:
Where did you buy the heated mirrors? What company? Looked on ebay and they are all grand cherokee.
Junkyard, but you'll have to find them on non resaleable doors most likley. They don't like parting them out unless the door is already damaged.

Back