• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heat vacuum motor

Tom_W

NAXJA Forum User
As I was trying to get those two stupid top bolts out between engine and tranny while swapping my 4.0 in my wife's 88 xj, I broke the hose end off of that little vacuum motor that controls the flow of coolant to the heater core. What will happen if I just cut that whole vacuum motor out and stick the hose that comes out of it and goes to the heater core over the pipe that goes into the vacuum motor ? I know I will have coolant running to the heater core all the time, instead of just when the heater is on, but will it cause any problems with the cooling system. Oh, yeah, its one of them dumb closed systems

You should have no problem bypassing the control valve -- I just installed a short length of copper pipe with clamps for a temporary fix a year or so ago.

The vacuum valves are available at Autozone for around $18 to $40 depending on the model year.

Back