• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drive shaft clamp

falcon556

NAXJA Forum User
96+XJs and 96+ Grand Cherokees have a sealed TC output shaft with a rubber boot and 2 Perma-Quick clamps
I realize that most use zip ties but I don't want to.
I have the tool to crimp the clamps, so, I want to use the clamps.
Only problem is I can't find them anywhere. The dealer is too expensive and I need to do 3 Jeeps.
I need a source.
To make it interesting for you guys I'll throw a bone. The drive shaft needs to be removed once in a while (60K?) and lubed. I use Valvoline synthetic grease with moly.
Lack of lube will show when you come to a stop. The DS hangs up a bit and it feels as if something underneath is shifting. When you let go of the brakes, in extreme cases you will feel it shift again. At one time I even thought I had transmission problems.
If you have a Jeep that feels as I described, pull the DS and lube it, nothing to loose but a few minutes.
In the mean time I need clamps. Source, sizes, prices, anything you know.
Thanks.

Lubing the slip yoke to keep it from binding is nothing new. I do that to both my Jeeps. Is there another reason you need the clamps? You don't have to remove the boot to keep anything from binding or to get in there.

riverfever said:
Lubing the slip yoke to keep it from binding is nothing new. I do that to both my Jeeps. Is there another reason you need the clamps? You don't have to remove the boot to keep anything from binding or to get in there.

Glad you knew all about it, I didn't and I know others that didn't including mechanics. That's why I posted it.
I need the clamps because I removed them to remove the boot, clean the old stuff and relube. Right now I am using zip ties.

Back