• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Infinity CD Player/Amp questions

IdeaMan

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1997 with the Infinity CD and tape deck plus Infinity amplifier. My CD player works VERY eratically. On a rare occation, it will not eject the CD or play it. It does this to all burned CDs and some regular CDs. I've finally decided to just replace it. 2 questions:

1. Since it won't eject normally, is there another way to get my CD out other than just waiting? It's happened to me before but I never know if it's going to magically pop out 2 days from now or 2 weeks from now.

2. When replacing the stock deck, what happens to my stock Infinity amp? Will the new radio somehow hook up to it? Should I just remove it? What?

The infinty amp uses line level inputs from the deck. So you can replace the deck with any aftermarket (that has an internal amp), or OEM that you choose. If you get some decent speakers, and use some high pass filtering (I have mine set at about 150hrz, and of corse you'll need a sub to play anything lower) It will surprise you in clairity and loudness. The tweeters in the door are run straight from the deck's amp not he Infinity.

Back