• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine codes

little red cheroke

NAXJA Forum User
P0455
P0705

the first on is because i didnt tighten the gas cap all the way i think
and i think the second one is for a neutral saftey switch. could some body double check these for me? thanks

P0455 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak)
P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit malfunction (PRNDL Input)

You could try clearing the codes and see if the first one goes away. Not sure about the second one.

Welcome to the boards...lot's of great info here.

Read this...
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73352

Google searches work too, that's where I found the info on your codes.

Good luck.

http://www.itsajeep.org/vBulletin/gallery/files/5/9/3/transmissionswitch.JPG

thats the switch i got from the jeep dealer ship. cost me a few pennies. the check engine light went off for a few hours after the emmsions check i think b/c the emessions guy tightned my gas cap like 15 or 20 clicks. but it came back on i think for the transmission. if i took my jeep back to emessions anybody know if they would fail me again now that the gas cap problem is fixed?

ahhh!!! before ya touch that new nss pull the old one off and clean it thoroughly that usually fixes the prob it is just a few electrical contacts that get dirty and don't like to work. and as for the gas cap thing, the number of clicks dosn't really make a difference check the hoses and make sure there are no leaks then unplug the bat. try to start it plug the bat back in and go for a cruise you should be all set.
it's always helpfull to post your vehicles info engine/ tranny/ year

bj-666 said:
it's always helpfull to post your vehicles info engine/ tranny/ year
in his profile it says 2001, so that means he has the 4.0 and AW-4

Back