• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Disconnect Stuck

critik

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having the hardest time with the quick disconnect on the transmission cooling pressure line. I've searched, and I've seen stuff about crud getting stuck in them. Well, I don't have any WD-40 on hand, but I've tried squiting PB Blaster in there, and it's still not budging. I've also tried twisting the connector around, and the line around the connector, and I can hear slight grinding. One of the ears won't squeeze in easily at all, I'm thinking that might be the issue. But, I'm running out of options, so I posted wondering if anyone else has a suggestion.

I couldn't get mine disconnected because the tool was too shallow to push the release. Since I'm too cheap to actually go out and buy another set of tools just to get one size, I took a dead felt tip marker and split the case in half (the I.D. was almost identical to the O.D. of the trans cooler line) This new tool was much longer and worked pretty well (for free) If I didn't already have a set of disconnect tools I would buy a new set that was a little longer.

cheapgenerikee said:
I couldn't get mine disconnected because the tool was too shallow to push the release. Since I'm too cheap to actually go out and buy another set of tools just to get one size, I took a dead felt tip marker and split the case in half (the I.D. was almost identical to the O.D. of the trans cooler line) This new tool was much longer and worked pretty well (for free) If I didn't already have a set of disconnect tools I would buy a new set that was a little longer.

I agree, this got me like the conenctions on the fuel rail. I despise these things.
I usually had to twist it and push/pull/pinch/till it pops.Otherwise i destroyed it and then bought a small bag of em at Advance auto parts (These r dissapearing) The stores i mean, i dont know where else to get those ends. they are prolly avail at a lot of stores.but all i can reccomend other than that is ------Use the force---- muuuhahaha good luck

Back