• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rusty's 1" drop crossmember

hippymill

NAXJA Forum User
do I have to mess with the linkage at all when I install this? I got no instructions from Rusty's and am looking for the info BEFORE i start the project(having info before starting is a new concept, but I'll give it a try).
thanks

I ran one on a previous '98 I owned and did not have to adjust anything. Put several decent offroad miles on it...always shifted fine.

Not saying you won't have to...but I did not.

it took me all of 4 minutes to adjust the linkage on my friends grand cherokee. its not hard at all.

have one on my 99 and didn't have to adjust anything. I was looking to eliminate my vibrations at around 30 mph, which it did, only problem is that it now shows up at 70 mph.

seven said:
have one on my 99 and didn't have to adjust anything. I was looking to eliminate my vibrations at around 30 mph, which it did, only problem is that it now shows up at 70 mph.

try 90

Mine did not require any linkage mods. I installed it to eliminate vibrations, but they turned out to be from a worn 8.25 yoke. Oh well, now i have a stronger crossmember.

Last edited:
I didnt adjust my linkage, but after a few years I ran into problems were I couldnt shift into 4Lo. So I took the linkage apart and adjusted it properly. Now everything works great.

Back