• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stalling problem

chasaidel

NAXJA Forum User
my jeep runs fine untill it warms up, then it will stall out. if i wait till it cools down it will start and run again untill warm. thinking thermostat? some kind of sensor? i lifted 6in and drive line vibes are decient, could that have anything to do with the problem? i dunno, shoot some idea's.

That sounds like classic vapor lock in a fuel line.

If you notice a huge blast of heat when the hood s opened, enough to shimmer the air, you can virtually count on it being vapor lock.

If you have the ubiquitous cracked manifold, you may have burning hot plume of exhaust heat rising from the collector and heating your intake mounted fuel rail. This causes the liquid gasoline to boil, and form bubbles. The damn bubbles interfere with fuel pressure and flow rate, and can make starting a booger.

A low tech way to prevent vapor lock is to insulate your inbound fuel line and fuel rail with high-temp woven exhaust wrap, or wrap for spark plug boots. This will prevent the fuel from boiling inside the rail, and voila no more hot stalling\ hot hard starting.

Back