• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help With Replacing Front Bumper End Caps

Ghetto2315

NAXJA Forum User
To make a long story short, I have to replace my front bumper end caps.

Does anyone know if there are hidden screws or bolts when taking the stock one off? I can only see 2, which are easily seen when laying on the floor and looking up.

7b_1_b.JPG

If you guys know an easy way to take them off and how many screws / bolts there are, I would appreciate it since I want to do this quick

Thank you!

To remove the bumper caps you will have to do the fallowing. First remove the two bolts/screws under the cap. On in the fog light section and the other in the tow hook section. Next there are two located in the inside of the cap. These are located behind the black shroud in the wheel well where the cap meets the fender flare. next is the rivet that hold it to the air damp. Remove it that should be it. Once all 5 are remove, hold the cap and shift it away from the center of the bumper and then pull it away. This is because there is a clip holding the top of the cap to the top of the bumper might sound complicated, but very easy.
Hope this helps,
Alex

Here's a write up on the installation of a Tomken bumper on late model XJ's. It's got some pretty good step by step instructions on how to remove the stock bumper. When you get there, click on the smaller pics for a better close up.

Click me! Click me! Click me!

WHat should I do about that rivet that is holding the lower part of the end cap to the front lower dam? If I some how get that off, how can I re-attatch? Or do I fab up my own way??

Last edited:
I just drilled out the rivet and the replaced it with a small nut and bolt for easy remove in the future.
Alex

Back