• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

almost done wiring new motor....extra wire?????

Jimminyc

NAXJA Forum User
So, thought i might save some leg work. i almost have my new motor ready to fire but ive got an extra wire and i dont know what to do with it. Its on the harness on the pass. side of the motor. The harness begins with the alternator wires, then leads to the distributer, then the mystery green wire. Its the last wire on this harness with a little eyelit connector on it. Anyone wanna run out to their garage real quick????? Mine is an 89 4.0
Brian

I just checked i have a 89 also it comes from a big main wire harness right behind the battery then to some sort of plug then down to the bottom of the engine its to late to crowl under there right now but i can look tomarrow when i have to replace my alternator that is if someone hasnt helped you for sure by then

That wire goes to your starter,it's a signal wire for the soleinoid...I just hooked mine up today on my new motor...what a coincidence........

HTH

jeepdeepfreak said:
That wire goes to your starter,it's a signal wire for the soleinoid...I just hooked mine up today on my new motor...what a coincidence........

HTH

thats it man just did a rear main and thats the animal your looking at

Back