• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what would be a good price?

ttu.or

NAXJA Forum User
i have recently come across a rear xj dana 44 with 3.54 gears, the same as my front axle. i am trying to decide it is would be better to keep the rear and regear it to 4.10. i already have a front and rear (30/35) combo that is 4.10. but i was really leaning twards going full width and going to 4.56 or better. if i was to seel the combo what would a good asking price be for the front 30 and rear 44?

If you have come across a 44 I would regear that and the 30 to whatever you are looking at (4.56) and then sell the 30/35 already geared at 4.10 for about $300-400 lfor the set. It would cover some of your cost and be alot better than running a D35 especially if you are thinking of running 4.56 in them which to me sounds like 33-36" tires which will destroy the Turdy-Phive PDQ.

complete XJ 44s in so-so condition regularly bring in 300 - 350. dont spend the $$ to regear it if you are gonna sell it though. matched set with original gears and needing nothing but an oil change and brake bleeding might bring you 400 or so, but the D30 isnt going to be a big seling point with 3.54s.

I dont know about Texas but a D35 will get ya bout $50 in my town..and a D30 with 297 joints about 150-200

then again the D44 is worth prolly 500-600 around here

350-400 on ebay but ya gotta ship it

i am really leaning twards going full width axles i already have a hp 44 from a ford and i was thinking about using either a 10 bolt rear or using a semi float 14 in the rear. i want the wider axles for bigger tires and possible less lift. i am planning on eventually running 35-37 inch tires and possibly a sbc swap in the future. i was hoping to sell the 30/44 combo to regear the 44 i have and get gears for the 10 bolt.

Is the 44 a high pinion or no... In my experience the 44 non high pinion are junk and actually have weaker points than say a chrysler 8.25... if it is a high pinion 44 then keep ahold of it and regear for sure and sell the 30/35 combo... in the east where i am you can pick up both for 400 or so open or limited and more if they have been upgraded or locked.

yes 10 bolts suck on heavy vehicles but there are two great things about them they are about as strong as a 44 and the axle shafts are plentiful and cheap. the semi floater 14 bolt is less weight than a 60 and 33 splines. and has a good selectable locker selections.

LilRedRover said:
Is the 44 a high pinion or no... In my experience the 44 non high pinion are junk and actually have weaker points than say a chrysler 8.25... if it is a high pinion 44 then keep ahold of it and regear for sure and sell the 30/35 combo... in the east where i am you can pick up both for 400 or so open or limited and more if they have been upgraded or locked.
wow

Back