• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubber gaskets for diff covers?

gw204

NAXJA Forum User
From previous threads, I know there are some nice rubber gaskets availble for the valve covers and oil pans of our beloved 4.0s, but how about for the D30 and Chrysler 8.25 axles? I have a '91 XJ (and now my wife has an '00 XJ) that I'll be changing axle fluids in very shortly. I get tired of dealing with the prep and clean-up associated with using RTV between the diff housing and covers and was hoping there was a rubber alternative.

My 3/4 ton Ram has beatiful rubber gaskets with metal inserts surrounding all the bolt holes. Makes for chaning the gear oil a piece of cake... It sure would be nice if the same were available for the various axles using in the XJ. If they are out there, does anyone have a link to where they can be purchased?

Thanks.

Brian

Last edited:
permatex.gif

That covers the D30, anybody know if they plan on making one for the Chrysler 8.25? That's what I'm waiting on...

Try www.lubelocker.com/ then click on "LubeLocker Online Store Now Open!". There you will see "LubeLocker GM 8.25 Rear" for $16.95. I think it would be for the Chry 8.25 but you should contact them to make sure.

2000 XJ

ryap01 said:
Try www.lubelocker.com/ then click on "LubeLocker Online Store Now Open!". There you will see "LubeLocker GM 8.25 Rear" for $16.95. I think it would be for the Chry 8.25 but you should contact them to make sure.

If anyone finds out for sure that this is for the 8.25, could you please post a confirmation in this thread? Thanks!

gba88 said:
If anyone finds out for sure that this is for the 8.25, could you please post a confirmation in this thread? Thanks!

This Is for a CHEVY---- Not everything with the same number is the same mfg.
You have a 8.25 CHRYSLER rear.
Wayne

I used the cork/rubber ones on mine. Fel-Pro is the brand (I believe). Don't remember if I got them from O'Reilly or AutoZone.

Dana 30
Chry 8.25

FYI. Looks like LubeLocker people updated their website - www.lubelocker.com. It now says "LLR-C825 LubeLocker Chry 8.25" instead of the GM 8.25. I ordered one for my Chry 8.25 rear.

2000 XJ

Last edited:
Back