• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camber/ bent inner knuckles

xj paddler

NAXJA Forum User
My rig has about 6.5in of lift cross over steering with raised track bar mount and a drop pitman arm. Caster is set at stock spec. when i had it alighned the shop said that my inner knockles were bent and that is why the tires are wearing so bad. anyway have any of you had this prob, and is there anyway to fix it without cutting the inners of and putting others on?????

later Heath

Had a shop tell me the same thing. so I got angle finder and compared them to my dads tj front end. they were the same. they were trying to get me to put in high dollar offset bj's. ask for a spec sheet from the alignment. when they told me mine were bent I asked to the sheet and the left was like .63 and the right was like .60 funny that if they were bent the were bent to almost the same degree. I asked another alignment tech and he told me offset joints were a waste of money and that just replacing the ball joints with regular joints would bring them back closer to zero which is ideal.

Back