• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you convert manual locks& windows to power?

jstggs

NAXJA Forum User
A friend of mine has a 1989 Laredo 4 door with power windows and locks(parts truck) and I've got a 1989 Pioneer 2-door, the driver's door on the Laredo is missing but the other three are still there so can I convert my driver's door to power locks and windows using the stuff from the other three doors or is all the equipment door specific?

wheelchairman said:
should be able to just swap the guts to use the factory door

i plan on doing this sometime but maybe onbly 4 the driver door
yes and no
1. if your vehicle is PREWIRED for the power components all you have to do is swap the insides of the doors.
2. if your vehicle is not prewired for the power components you have to swap the whole big H harness that goes from A pillar back to D pillar and across underneath the bench to the passenger side where it goes from A pillar to D pillar.

How to find out if it's 1 or 2? pop open some panels and see if you have extra connectors by each door and whether they look like power door lock/window connectors.

It will work. Make sure you get all the wiring from the donor. Four door regulators are the same as two doors as long as they came from the same side. The wire harnesses are the same in both 2 and four door models. It is a simple upgrade as long as you have all the parts. Good luck.

Back