• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31-9.50s.... anyone running them?

919Chief

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking of running 31-9.50's instead of 31-10.50's after my lift is done. I am basing this on a few things...my wheeling/driving style has been influnced by a long history of running skinny tires, I dont have as much worry about clearances and may get a little more room for flex........ and I like to be strange. Anyone else gone this route?

no, i run 16" wide boggers, but my buddy runs 33x10.5's....doesnt look bad, my next set of tires are going to be pizza cutters, 38.5x11" boggers

I wanted to but your options are limited in that size. Out on the trail the guys with this size and 33x10.5 seem to do real good though. depends on the mud

919Chief said:
I am thinking of running 31-9.50's instead of 31-10.50's after my lift is done. I am basing this on a few things...my wheeling/driving style has been influnced by a long history of running skinny tires, I dont have as much worry about clearances and may get a little more room for flex........ and I like to be strange. Anyone else gone this route?
I run 32x9.50 and am very pleased with the performance.

I have run the 31x9.50 then the 32x 9.50 and then 34x 10.50 I really like the skinny tires and of course the rig still has the orginal fender flares too...If and when I build up the next one I will be getting the 34x 10.50 again...right now I am running 31x 10.50 and that is only because I won the tires:D

I run 30x9.5's and they suck...

airing them down on a 7" rim takes a bead off..

Yep, tire choices are limited to that size.. I'd like to try the super swamper special service 34x9.5 someday on my CJ... their tread depth is nearly an inch !

I run 30x9.5 BFG ATs and Ive had absolutely no problem with beads poping. How low are you airing down. I go to 15psi and get plenty of buldge for the trails. And Ive never come close to losing a bead.

I had 32x9.50s TSLs swampers on a stock wheels. I kept loosing beads with the narrow tire on a 7" wheel at 12 psi.

I'd loose the bead in ruts a few times, once on a small stump.

My buddy runs 34x10.50 LTBs on 15x8s and never looses a bead?

Back