• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Go-Jeeps Headlight loom

Littlewhitexj

NAXJA Forum User
im in the middle of building go-jeeps headlight harness, but I need to know if anyone here has done it, and where you got the new H4 headlight plugs? Ive looked all over and I cannot find them. any help will be appreciated. Thanks guys.

I think I saw them at Autozone. JIM.

Generally, you can check the Help! section of your local and you'll find them there - they're repair sockets, and prewired with about 6" leads.

I've been having a little difficulty myself - I'd like to release a PnP headlamp harness, and I need to get the plugs totally unwired.

However, ampacity of a wire is a function no only of conductor cross-section area (wire gage,) but of length. If you're going to use it with OEMR (or equvalent) bulbs, then it won't be an issue. Otherwise, I'd probably not go past 80W or so with the "restriction" you'll get from having the smaller gage lead. However, I'd not expect it to be a problem for what you're trying to do (from what I can tell.) If you're going to go to 100W or more on any filament, it may be an issue - but with 80W or less, not so much.

5-90

I got mine from the automotive section of Wal-Mart.

FWIW, after I upgraded one of my cars headlight harness I checked ebay and found harness kits with relays for a whopping $9. Same harness I can buy any number of places for $50-$80. It sure beats putting your own together for that price.

Back